Pages

09 July 2012

Day 3: Write about some of the teachers you had growing up and why you did/did not like them



Hmm…

I’ll talk about my dear Susie.

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. So, growing up I had a youth leader named Susie. She was and still is an amazing role model. On Sundays, when she would teach our lesson, she would have beautiful displays and visuals for what the lesson was about, and gorgeous floral arrangements. She truly has an eye for beauty as well as a green thumb. She is pretty quiet at first, but as I got to know her, I found out how funny and loveable she is. She has a strong love of the gospel that I have always admired. She is incredibly kind hearted and giving.

Each Wednesday after our youth activities, Susie would take the “Homies” to the local gas station where we would hand out and have treats. We were able to talk about anything and everything. Susie is an amazing listener and gives amazing advice. I knew she couldn’t fix my problems, but I always knew she loved me and cared about me.

Now, as an adult, in my own home, I am a youth leader at my church. I pray that I can be at least the smallest bit like Susie.

Heart and Soul
One year for  my birthday she gave me this figurine.  It is so precious to me.  The description on the website says, “Open hearts, sharing souls, trusted friends”. That is exactly how I feel about my amazing friend and teacher, Susie.

No comments:

Post a Comment